It's that time again already. Time to say goodbye to my Vancouver friends and head back to work. Tomorrow (or technically later today) I fly to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Then on Sunday, I'll sign on Carnival Freedom.
I have had a great month in Vancouver. The highlights in no particular order:
- Spending time with Erin, Paul, Mackenzie and Ailis. Trying shots of Baileys in toasted marshmallows.
- A month with Michelle and Jamie. Wine. A new pair of mitts knitted for me by Michelle. Wine. French onion soup. Meat pies. Ribs with limed asparagus and roasted yams. Toobs even got to meet some family. Nights curled up in front of the fire with Bella purring on my lap.
- Mockingjay Part 1 at the VIP cinema with Erin. Deep fried pickles.
- Staying with Andrea, Sean, Noah and Logan. Cupcakes. Shopping at the outlets. Dinner at Olive Garden.
- Coffee and cake with Andrea C and meeting Oliver for the first time. He's such a cutie. I didn't want to give him back.
- Watching a Canucks game at my old local with Loraine and Trevor. I even won two prizes!
- Gluwein at the Christmas Market with Judith
- Dinner and cocktails and wine with Marla, Shannon, Max and Michelle. Thanks Jamie for driving us.
- 4 days at Disneyland with Tate.
- Dinner with Joanna and Merdeka and lunch with Joanna. So happy to hear everyone is healthy. Missed seeing Kim.
- Working in the Kaethe Wohlfahrt store at the Vancouver Christmas Market again. Some familiar faces - Steve from Minnesota and Tricia from Vancouver.
- Lunch and a pint of Blitzen with Goose at Steamworks
- Macaroni and cheese made by Michelle's mum, Susan
- Mac and Cheese made by Andrea O. Are you sensing a theme?
I'm sure there's more. But at 2am that's all I can think of. I'm sad that I didn't get to meet up with Susan or Kyla or even get to talk to Carlea and Andreas or Steph and Scott or Jacqui and Sean. I wasn't able to get to Kelowna to see Heather, Yves and Isabelle or to the Sunshine Coast to see kayaking friends, or to Whistler etc. A month seems like a long time, but then it just flies by and it's time to leave again.