I'm transferring ships. From Carnival Legend which is home ported in Seattle, WA to Carnival Sensation which is based out of Port Canaveral, FL.
Tuesday started early and ended late.
- 530am The alarm disturbs the peace
- 600am I have to be in the main theatre for crew immigration
- 630am back in the cabin I shower and then go for breakfast
- 800am return my cabin key to the MSA (staff admin)
- 815am drop my bags in the crew luggage cage in the marshalling area
- 900am be back in the theatre with all other crew signing off to be escorted off the ship
- 930am board crew shuttle to Seattle airport.
- 1015am arrive at airport, check in my luggage for my American Airlines flight, grab a Starbucks and catch up on some emails, texts, Facebook and banking
- 1145am catch the light rail link to downtown Seattle, transfer to the monorail which takes me to Seattle Centre
- 200pm spend a few hours at Chihuly Garden and Glass, and some window shopping at Nordstrom's
- 600pm head back to the airport
- 730pm use TSA precheck so I don't have to take out my laptop or liquids or take off my shoes and belt.
- 740pm I'm through security. First stop is for dinner.
- 800pm 30 minute chair massage. It felt good. There was a nice big knot near my left shoulder. I thought I was going to be sick when the RM was kneading it out. But my shoulder felt so much better after.
- 845pm settle in at my departure gate, charge my phone and iPad, download season 3 of Scandal.
- 1030pm priority boarding for my flight, get a seat with extra legroom. Yeah, I know, I'm short. But it's a perk of having MVP status on a partner airline.
- 1105pm flight departs on time.
- For the next 5 hours and 45 minutes I read, watch Scandal, get up every hour to stretch my legs, I also nap on and off but never really fall asleep.
- 450am Seattle time, which is now 750am Miami time arrive in Miami
- 515am/815am change terminals, change from PJs to regular clothes and grab coffee and a muffin.
- 545am/845am nap in the departure lounge
- 609am/909am board flight
- 645am/945am flight leaves a few minutes late
- 735am/1035am we arrive in Orlando ahead of schedule. Stop by the airport Disney Store because it's right there, can't resist a new luggage tag.
- 845am/1145am hotel shuttle finally arrives to collect myself and all my luggage.
- 900am/1200pm I check in, find my room and fall asleep. From 600am immigration yesterday to the noon time pass out in my hotel bed today was 27 hours. 27 hours!
- After a four hour nap the rest of the evening is spent walking to Chick-Fil-A for late lunch/early dinner, shopping at Walgreens for some toiletry refills and finding refuge in a Starbucks from a sudden downpour complete with thunder and lighting.
And now it's 336am and I'm wide awake. The alarm will sound in three hours so I can shower, have breakfast and be on the 730am shuttle to the port.
I should sleep well tonight.